Friday, July 30, 2010

Install Android USB Driver for Windows to connect to a HTC Wildfire

I tried to install the Android USB Driver for Windows whilst my HTC Wildfire was connected to my PC. This failed. After some head-scratching and searching, I found out that I had to change the android_winusb.inf file (which is part of the installation files) so that it would recognize the device:
[Google.NTx86]
; HTC Dream
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C01
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C02&MI_01
%SingleBootLoaderInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0FFF
; HTC Magic
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C03&MI_01
; HTC Wildfire
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C8B
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C8B&MI_01
%SingleBootLoaderInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C8B

The bold lines are the ones I added: VID_0BB4 means Vendor ID = HTC, PID_0C8B means Product ID = Wildfire.

No comments: